Request for Qualifications for Athletics Facilities
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Architectural Designer Selection
Bertie County Schools Athletic Complex
It is the Owner’s intention to select a Design Consultant for the design of an athletic facility at Bertie County High School. The information requirement to respond to this RFQ is available on our website www.bertie.k12.nc.us.
The Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is designed to comply with all applicable rules and regulations including federal requirement associated with the use of ESSER funds as well as state law and local policies. Design firms wishing to be considered for this project are requested to submit a Statement of Qualifications per the instructions below and identified more specifically on the Bertie County Schools website.
The following criteria will be used to select firms for the projects:
- Expertise and past performance in K-12 projects (40%)
- Staffing and proposed design team for the project (35%)
- Proximity to, and familiarity with, the area where the project will be located (10%)
- Sustainability in school design (10%)
- Miscellaneous (5%)
Qualifications will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Monday, January 31, 2022, in the
Superintendent’s Office located at 715 US Hwy 13 N., Windsor, NC 27983. The responses
to this RFQ should be delivered to the attention of Mathew Bond. Please provide five (5) paper copies of your response to the RFQ. Please send an electronic copy of the response to Mathew Bond by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact Mathew Bond by e-mail at email@example.com or
telephone at (252) 794-6036.
Bertie County Schools
715 US Hwy 13 N
Windsor, NC 27983
REQUEST FOR DESIGN QUALIFICATIONS
This project is for design of a new track at Bertie County High School. The following criteria will be used to select firms for interview and the final selection. Please address the following in your submissions:
- Expertise and past performance in K-12 projects (40%):
- How many school construction projects has your firm completed in North Carolina in the last seven years? __________
- On your last five school construction projects over $2.5 million, what were your last budget estimates compared to the actual bid prices for each project, not the contract award amounts? __________
- What was the percentage of errors and omissions change orders compared to the initial bid for each of your last five school construction projects over $2.5 million? __________
- Describe your experience with sports facility construction, track, track running surfaces, environmental considerations, earth excavation/stripping topsoil and drainage: _________
- Have you had any legal issues or major technical issues on any of your projects (Yes/No)? _____
If yes, please include an explanation
- What was the number of bid addenda on each of your last five school projects over $2.5 million? ________
- Describe your experience in determining life cycle and ultimate selection of building components and systems: _________
- Describe your experience designing public projects in North Carolina: _______________________________________________________
- Staffing and proposed design team for the project (35%):
- Number of architects and /or engineers in your firm: ________
- List proposed design team with a summary of their educational background, professional registration, years of experience, direct experience with school renovation projects in North Carolina: ____________________
- List your proposed MEP, Site, Civil and Structural consultants: __________
- What is your current workload? _________
- What is the average percentage of MBE participation for sub-consultants on your last five school renovation projects over $2.5 million? _________
- Include any Letters of Recommendation that you desire.
- Proximity to and familiarity with, the area where the project will be located (10%):
- Does your firm have an office within one hundred (100) miles of Windsor, North Carolina (Yes/No)? _______
- Where is the closet office to Windsor, NC? __________________________
- Are you familiar with North Carolina building codes and ordinances (Yes/No)?
- How many projects over $2.5 million, including schools, have you completed in the last 5 years within 75 miles of Windsor, North Carolina? ___________
- Sustainability in school design (10%):
- Describe your design strategy to achieve optimal drainage efficiency and any other sustainable features: ___________
- List any awards, recognitions or professional acknowledgements you’ve received for sustainable design: ________
- Miscellaneous (5%):
- List specialized or appropriate expertise with sports facility construction, including design of track running surfaces.
- List any recent past performance with sports facility construction, including design of track running surfaces.
- Provide a list of all school construction projects completed in the last seven (7) years in North Carolina, including a contact person for the local school system.
- Provide a list of all school construction projects that are currently under design or construction in North Carolina, including a contact person for the local school system.
- Describe your recent experience with Project cost control and maintaining design schedules.
I certify that the preceding and referenced information is accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief.