RFQ - Design Build Services for Indoor Quality Improvements across Bertie County Schools (2nd Posting)
Click here for a printable version of the Request For Qualifications (RFQ)
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
DESIGN-BUILD SERVICES FOR INDOOR AIR QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS ACROSS BERTIE COUNTY SCHOOLS
Pursuant to N.C. Stat. Sec. 143-128.1(A), the Bertie County Board of Education, North Carolina is seeking proposals from qualified design-build teams interested in providing design and construction services for District-Wide Indoor Air Quality Improvements. Windsor Elementary School and West Bertie Elementary School are both in need of a re-design and upgrade of their HVAC systems. Bertie Middle School is in need of chiller upgrades. Aulander Elementary School, Colerain Elementary School, and West Bertie Elementary School all have single pane windows that need replacing. Finally, there are many various ancillary building automation system and HVAC unit upgrades that need to take place across the district to ensure the best indoor air quality possible for the children of Bertie County.
The intent of this RFQ is to select a Design-Build team, by Qualifications-Based Selection (QBS), to provide design and construction services for the District-Wide Indoor Air Quality Improvements.
Entity Name: Bertie County Board of Education
Project Title: District-Wide Indoor Air Quality Improvements
Scope of Work: Upgrades to improve indoor air quality, including, but not limited to:
- HVAC renovations at Windsor Elementary School and West Bertie Elementary School
- Chiller upgrades at Bertie Middle School
- Window replacements at Aulander Elementary School, Colerain Elementary School and West Bertie Elementary School
- Building Automation System Upgrades at Askewville Pre-K, Aulander Elementary School, Bertie High School, Windsor Elementary School, & the Board of Education
Contact: Matthew Bond – Maintenance Director
Total Project Budget: Estimated at $3.4 million
Source of Funds: ESSER II Funds, ESSER III Funds, & Other Available Capital Appropriations
Original Publish Date: May 20th, 2021
Republished on June 7, 2021
Closing Date: July 2, 2021
Submit THREE (3) copies of qualifications information package (Mailing Address):
715 US Highway 13 North, Windsor, NC 27983
Physical Location for FedEx/UPS delivery (Delivery Address):
715 US Highway 13 North, Windsor, NC 27983
NC Licensing Statement:
In order to offer CONSTRUCTION Services (General Contracting, Electrical Contracting, Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contracting, or Landscape Contracting) and DESIGN Services (Architecture, Engineering, or Landscape Architecture) as part of the response to this RFQ, the proposing firms must be properly licensed to provide Construction Services and Design Services in the State of North Carolina. More information on the North Carolina state boards may be found at the following websites:
NC Licensing Board for General Contractors: (https://nclbgc.org)
NC State Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors: (https://www.ncbeec.org)
NC State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors: (https://www.nclicensing.org)
NC Landscape Contractors’ Licensing Board:
NC Board of Architecture: (http://www.ncbarch.org)
NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors: (http://www.ncbels.org)
NC Board of Landscape Architects: (http://www.ncbola.org)
Selection Criteria for Design-Build
In selecting the Design-Builder, the selection committee should take into consideration qualification information expressed by the Design-Builder in a package that includes the following:
- Profile of each key firm on the team (design-builder, contractor(s), designer(s), etc.). Include firm history, ownership, description of services, location, staff size and record of successfully completed projects without major legal or technical problems.
- Resume of each key personnel represented on the team (design-builder, contractor(s), designer(s), etc.). Identify licenses (with numbers) and qualifications.
- Examples of experience in each of these areas:
- Projects with scope similar to proposed project, successfully completed by team members (firms and/or personnel)
- Design-Build projects successfully delivered by team members (firms and/or personnel)
- Collaboration between team members (firm and/or personnel)
- Examples of recent experience with estimating project cost. Include examples of design-build projects with comparison between initial design-build estimate and final cost.
- Examples of recent experience with adhering to project schedules. Include examples of design-build projects with comparison between initial schedule and final delivery date.
- Understanding of the project location as exhibited by past experience in the geographic area and/or with the client. Indicate team’s proximity to the project area.
- Quantifiable description of current workload and available resources to successfully complete this project.
- Description, with examples if applicable, of process for successfully delivering this proposed project. Address each phase of project (design, pre-construction, and construction). Include strategy for pre-qualifying construction subcontractors and obtaining competitive bidding; practices and procedures to ensure quality; and other factors that may be applicable.
- A letter, dated within the last 30 days, from your surety company, signed by their Attorney in Fact, verifying their willingness to issue sufficient payment and performance bonds for this project, on behalf of your firms or its agent licensed to do business in North Carolina, and verifying your company’s capability and capacity based on your current value of work. Surety company bond rated “A” or better under the A.M. Best Rating system or The Federal Treasury List.
- HUB Participation: Describe the program (plan) that your company has developed to encourage participation by HUB firms to meet or exceed the goals set by Bertie County Schools. Please explain how the firm will address minority participation in the management levels of the company. Include a HUB plan in the proposal. Provide documentation of HUB participation that the firm achieved over the past three (3) years on both public and private construction projects. Outline specific outreach efforts that your firm will take to notify HUB firms of opportunities for participation. Indicate the minority participation goal that you expect to achieve on the project.
- Written certification by the design-builder that each licensed design professional included as part of the team was selected based solely on qualifications without regard to fee. Include evidence that a qualifications-based selection (QBS) process was utilized.
- Additional information as requested by the Owner or deemed appropriate by the Design-Builder.
Proposing firms must submit THREE (3) copies of the qualifications information package. In the interest of cost-savings to the Design-Builders, consistency of the submittals and more efficient use of time by the pre-selection committee, the qualifications information package should not include any notebooks, binders, tabs, clips, etc. The format should be 8-1/2” x 11” pages stapled in the upper left-hand corner. The qualifications information package should not exceed forty (40) single-sided pages or twenty (20) double-sided pages, not including cover. E-mail and Fax submittals will not be accepted.