Bertie Early College High School
- Complete Student/Parent Information Pages.
- Have a current Math/Science/Reading/Social Studies teacher complete the Teacher Recommendation form.
- Have your counselor complete the Academic and Administrative Information Page.
- Double check everything then return this application and all documents to the address listed in the bottom of this page postmarked no later than February 28, 2023.
- Students will be contacted for interviews by Bertie County Schools.
- If a student has applied, interviewed and been accepted to BECHS, but then fails the 8th grade reading or math EOG tests. Acceptance may be withdrawn.
- Private School/Home School Applicants – The application materials for the Bertie Early College High School are “aimed” at the middle school students in Bertie County Schools, but that does not mean we do not want you to apply! When you are looking through the application materials, remember that there are just a few changes that are specific to you, the private school or home-schooled student:
- The Academic and Administrative Information form should be filled out by the person at your school who handles student records, regardless of his/her official role.
- If you do not have NC End-of Grade test scores for the 6th, 7th and/or 8th grades, please provide copies of official results for the nationally standardized test, which you do have for those grades. Examples of the kinds of standardized tests we accept are the Iowa Test of Basic Skills, the California Achievement Test, etc.
Please return this application no later than February 28, 2022 to:
Dr. Jacqueline Perry-Higss
Bertie County Schools
715 US Hwy 13 N.
Windsor, NC 27983