•                                                                                                Menus are subject to change                                                                                                            

    Please navigate through the site for information regarding CEP,  P-EBT and general School Nutrition news and updates.


    The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) food assistance program is a collaboration between the NC Department of Health and Human Services and the NC Department of Public Instruction and is authorized by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The P-EBT program helps families with eligible children whose access to meals or buying food has been impacted by COVID-19.

    There is no application for P-EBT. Benefits will be added to a household’s existing FNS EBT card or P-EBT card for eligible children. EBT is an electronic system that replaced paper food stamp coupons with a card that is like debit card. Pandemic Electronic Benefits (P-EBT) provides a benefit on an EBT card. The benefits can be used to purchase food items at EBT authorized retailers, including most major grocery stores. It is North Carolina’s goal to provide P-EBT food assistance to as many children as possible as quickly as possible for every child for whom we can confirm eligibility for under the USDA’s guidance.

    Student P-EBT

    The P-EBT food assistance program for students helps families purchase food for children whose access to free or reduced-priced meals at school has been impacted by COVID-19 because students are learning virtually, outside of brick-and-mortar schools.

    P-EBT for Children Under Age 6

    As of May 2021, North Carolina is expanding its P-EBT program to provide P-EBT to eligible children under 6 that are in households receiving Food and Nutrition Services (FNS). P-EBT benefits may be provided back to October 1, 2020 based on the child’s eligibility. This program is an expansion of the ongoing P-EBT benefit for students and is to provide resources to families with young children and infants who need extra help buying food. Eligibility requirement for P-EBT for children under 6 are different than for P-EBT for students and are based on guidance from USDA. Children under 6 who are enrolled in an eligible school and receive P-EBT benefits as a student will not be eligible for P-EBT for children under 6.

    For more information about P-EBT eligibility, about the program, who is eligible, and how families will receive the benefit, for both students and children under 6, please visit www.ncdhhs.gov/PEBT.



          Please click on the link for Pandemic-EBT to receive information regarding attendence and school eligibilty. 

          Bertie County students are under a Hybrid Learning Model.  This means students are both Face to Face and Virtual.  School is in session and we are only offereing meals via yellow bus on Wednesdays which is a virtual learning day for all students. 

          All children may receive One Breakfast and One Lunch each day per child under the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). All children 18 and younger are eligible for Free meals during SFSP.                                                                                                                                                             

           Great news! The extension of the Pandemic EBT card is here. Bertie County Schools has been approved to receive another set of benefits.


            Please check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Bertie-County-School-Nutrition-Program-220177238760628/ 





    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


    (1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    (3)   email: program.intake@usda.gov.


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.


  • There are no upcoming events to display.

View Calendar