In Fourth Grade we encourage reading to build vocabulary as well as comprehension skills.
- Students are encouraged to read 20 minutes each day with books, magazines articles, newspaper among many other reading forums.
- Students are given a reading log to practice retell and comprehension skills.
- We encourage our students to practice using the skills they are taught on a day to day basis in class in order for them to become better readers.
Writing skills goes hand in hand with reading. In Fourth Grade, students are given a daily writing journal.
- Students choose from a variety of topics and interests to practice their writing.
- Topics such as grammar and sentence structure are taught in order for students to improve on their writing skills.
- Writing is good practice for students to share their thoughts and ideas.